Volunteer Info for Special Olympics Cass County
Contact Enid Callaghan if you are interested at 574-753-9605
Class A volunteers are required to complete a five-step application and training process. Class A volunteer is someone who has regular contact with athletes. Examples include:
The application and trainings are for all coaches, volunteers, and Unified Sports® Partners. These five-steps must be completed before any Special Olympics training, any competition, orbeginning any duties related to your role.
- Unified Sports® Partners
- Volunteer Leadership / Management Positions
STEP 1: APPLICATION
STEP 2: BACKGROUND SCREENING
STEP 3: COACH / VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION (CVO)
STEP 4: PROTECTIVE BEHAVIORS TRAINING
STEP 5: CONCUSSION AWARENESS TRAINING
Special Olympics Indiana utilizes our Volunteer Management System (VMS) to navigate new applicants through the Class A application and training process. VMS is a secure online system. It will walk you through each of the 5 steps at your convenience.
To get started:
- Go to Special Olympics Indiana website: soindiana.org
- Click on "Get Involved" at the top in grey area
- On the left side in red boxes, click on "Become a Volunteer"
- Under Class A Volunteer, click on "click here"
- Follow their instructions from there